Sunday, February 08, 2015

Snow Minions in Action

Thanks to a recent snowfall, the Snow Minions were actually able to have a sledding party at their school this past Friday - the past few years it hasn't worked out due to extreme cold temps, no snow...

DSC_0016 (3)

Needless to say, the Snow Minions were very excited to get their sled on!  The Principal couldn't find her camera so I ended up using my camera and photographed all of the craziness - for all of the grades - all day.  It was a little chilly but it meant that I, too, hit the slopes a time or two...

DSC_0169 (2) DSC_0172 (2)

Since I can't really post photos of the kiddos at school, I thought I would show you how the minions fared.  The Younger Snow Minion wasted no time hitting the slopes.

DSC_0540 DSC_0479 DSC_0427
 
Even a face full of snow couldn't slow her down.
 
DSC_0590 DSC_0591 DSC_0592 DSC_0593
 
She loved every minute of it!
 
DSC_0722
 
 The Older Snow Minion's Class was one of the last ones to hit the slopes and since I wasn't planning on playing photographer that day, my battery was running a bit low at that point which means I don't have quite as many of him. He had quite a good time himself despite battling a virus.
 
DSC_0046 DSC_0146DSC_0117 DSC_0145
 
With a vendor gig coming up at the end of this month, it feels like every spare moment is spent trying to get ready for it but I couldn't resist going out and taking a few more pictures of the Snow Minions as they played outside for a while yesterday before the warmer temperatures melt all of the recent snow fall. The Older Snow Minion was very keen on creating tunnels.
 
DSC_0162 (2) DSC_0152 (2) DSC_0158 (2)
 
The Younger Snow Minion has always been a bit of a daredevil and as per her usual she wasted no time inventing things to do with her sled.  We might have to look into obtaining a snowboard in the future.
 
DSC_0145 DSC_0147 (2) DSC_0175 (2) DSC_0182 (2)
 
As I mentioned earlier, little man is a little under the weather at the moment and wasn't quite as active as usual. Here he is admiring his handiwork.
 
DSC_0190 (2) DSC_0170 (2)
 
There has been a lot of dyeing going on in the Dreams in Fiber household lately along with some knitting that I still need to photograph...  I have lots of prepwork still to do and lots of laundry...  Why don't weekends last longer?

2 comments:

Mason & Karen said...

So much snow!! We'll have to do a winter trip sometime so your minions can show mine what snow is all about :)

Andi said...

I have been enjoying seeing everyone's snow images around blogland, but I have to say these ones of the minions makes my day. Brings back some of the best memories of my childhood snow days!