Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Back to Normal

I don't remember an Olympics, Winter or Summer, where I've enjoyed myself more. And now they're over. What is it about big events like this (the same with Holidays) where you are completely excited and in the moment during all the hoopla and before you know it they're all finished and you're back to your normal daily activities, all the while wondering what the next big event will be.

The minions, hubby, and I thought it would be a good idea to mark the end of the 2010 Winter Olympics/Knitting Olympics with an event all our own.

The track.


The minions started off on a smaller slope.

But were soon eager for a larger adventure.


Well little man was anyway. Little miss was happier on the swings.


The hubby broke in the "big track" for us and I must admit, was having quite a bit of fun himself though you can't tell it by this photo. Honestly, what sort of face is this? I own this track? I'm about to smack face first into a wall of snow? At any rate, this was obviously not his first time down the slope.


Little man loved it. Though, is anyone really surprised by this?


Little miss ended up having a total of 2 runs, both ending up something like this.


I'm not really sure why though, she did have a smile on her face as she went down the hill, she didn't have to walk up the hill once,


and there was a free mitten service.


After a while, the minions decided to venture down to the frozen lake and had lots of fun inspecting the snow and ice.




And walking on top of the lake.


Little man was telling me all about the icicles and I managed to catch a few odd faces. You can see them on my Flickr page.


Yes yes, that's all fine and good, but what about the Knitting Olympics? Here's a little mosaic of the completed projects for you.

There's little man's Valentine's Day socks all finished up, the OFFICIAL stranded mittens for little man (technically there is a stranded portion, so there!), the unfinished and still-to-be-frogged herringbone mitten, the Voodoo Priestess Headwrap/Scarf that I finished up during the Olympics (it is a pattern I wrote up for Gherkin's Bucket's Southern Charms Club), the frogged Glitten, my super-cool stranded hat, the minions' stranded hats, and the finished Valentine's Mittens for little miss. Not a bad haul for 2 weeks.

So, I am awarding myself the Knitting Champion Award.


Perhaps the ice fishermen are competing in an Olympics all their own!


That's what the end of my February looked like. I'm looking forward to what March has in store for the Dreams in Fiber household and rest assured, there are more projects/WiP's in the works!

3 comments:

pendie said...

looks like your little ones gave gold medal performances! They sure had a dedicated coach/crew to assist them.

Mason & Karen said...

Sometimes you just gotta give yourself an award. Well done. Wish we had a sledding track out here!! Can't wait to see everyone!

magnusmog said...

what great fun and some beautiful pictures too.