Sunday, August 31, 2014

Around the Yard

It's been a full week in the Dreams in Fiber household, lots of school stuff, a few birthdays (including mine), and some knitting took place :)

I turned 35 this week.  Not quite sure how that happened, but such is life, right?  Here a few goodies that I received.  My SIL K found this "a while ago" she said and sent it to my FIL to get framed up.  I love it!  Little man is rather smitten with it to and is trying to get me to hang it close to or in his room...  We'll see ;)

DSC_0369 (2)
This little bundle of awesomeness came from a friend of mine in Arizona, K. The lotion smells divine and the cowl will be put into immediate rotation once the weather cools off a bit.

DSC_0374 (2)
Little man has been busy working on his WiP's. He made a lot of progress over this past weekend - gotta love a deadline ;) He wanted to make a square for the Bakery Bears and he wanted to squeeze in a Holiday Project before August was over so he could enter into a Bakery Bear Contest on Ravelry. Little man really looks up to Dan from the Bakery Bear podcast and knows that he likes Star Wars and Legos so he decided to make him a Star Wars Themed square for his blanket - the white and black are for the storm troopers and the black and red is for Darth Vader.
DSC_0409 (2)
This scarf will be gifted during the Holidays so I wont say who it's for but I thought he did a really nice job on both projects and I only helped him a little bit now and again :)
DSC_0415 (2)
I've been getting a bit of knitting done myself but don't have pictures of it. I did take a picture of James today though. Poor patient James... He's been sewn and finished for a few weeks now and patiently waiting for the clothes that I promised him. Truth be known, I CO for his sweater immediately after finishing the sewing-up-bit and haven't touched it since... I should get on that!

DSC_0429 (2)

James really likes the outdoors and was pleased to find proof of Autumn. Signs of cooler temperatures are a bit hard to come by just yet but they are there just the same. Once he gets his outfit perhaps we can go exploring :)
While James and I were searching for the background of his photo, the minions and hubby and I found that there are a bunch of different types of fungi in the yard.

DSC_0418 (2) DSC_0422 (2) DSC_0474 (2)
And a flower or two can be found here and there and a few of the leaves are just starting to change. 

DSC_0423 (2) DSC_0436 (2)
I've been watching this little guy for about a week now. He has made his home in the corner of our garage door opening. Evidently he's doing well because he hasn't moved on. Little man accidently snagged the corner of his web though so we'll see if he finds his way back to his corner.
DSC_0438 (2) DSC_0446 (2)
The hubby noticed that we had another "big fella" on the other side of the house. Evidently we're surrounded. No idea what type these are (I'm guessing they might both be Spotted Orb Weavers despite the difference in coloration), though I know they are both of the Orb Weaver variety.
DSC_0454 (2) DSC_0459 (2) DSC_0467 (2)
I wont leave you with those images in case you're not fond of spiders...  I have spent a good chunk of this past weekend getting caught up with my Etsy listings.  I finished putting up the Au Naturel rovings and I put up the Outlander skeins I dyed up recently.  I didn't want to focus on the characters of Outlander specifically, so I pulled inspiration from the places and things that the characters might come in contact with as they went about their business.  I have a few more colorway ideas so I will probably just dye those and list them as I find time to dye them.  Here are a few of the colorways.
Standing Stones

DSC_0367 (2)

Will-o-the-Wisp DSC_0358 (2)

Fields of Heather DSC_0356 (2)

Misty Hills DSC_0350 (2)

Plaid DSC_0339 (2)

Soccer practice has started once again for Little Miss so we'll have games every weekend thru the beginning of November starting next week.  I'm still not over-the-moon about losing my Autumn but she should learn a lot this Season!

Not sure when I'll be posting again but I have more WiP's that I am working towards completing so perhaps it will be sooner rather than later :)

No comments: