Wednesday, July 02, 2014

Spillway

The weather was nice and cool and a bit drizzly so the hubby and I took the minions to check out the spillway seeing how the lake levels are so high right now with the recent flooding.  I've seen it high before but I don't think the minions have or at least they don't remember it.  Little miss wasn't overly enthusiastic about it but little man was in his element.

DSC_0009 (2)
 
The water was rushing out so fast it was just plain violent. You could feel the power actually thumping your chest as you walked closer to the flow of water.
 
DSC_0068 (2)
 
Everyone around was getting wet; there wasn't really a "safe" area to stand in.
 
DSC_0033 (2)
 
Little miss retreated farther back as to not get quite as wet but little man was standing front and center, almost daring the water - "can you get high enough to get me?" Yup. I could sense the water's laughter...
 
DSC_0116 (3) DSC_0100 (2)
 
Deep down, I think little man could sense it too ;)

DSC_0125 (2)DSC_0119 (3)
 
Even though he wasn't standing in the biggest drenching hot spot I think he got a bit hit maybe 4 or 5 times. I had been fortunate enough to dodge most of it until right at the end. We were waiting for "one more big one" so little man could get even wetter (if that was possible) and it was a big one - it got all of us.  Such is the nature of the game.  If you get a chance, check out the spillway - I recommend bringing an umbrella.
 
  DSC_0026 (2) DSC_0103 (2) DSC_0152 (2)

1 comment:

Mason & Karen said...

The spillway is so cool, great shots. Hannah says "Nit, wet."