Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Out of my element

I have been wanting to make myself some stitch markers for a while now so when the opportunity to obtain supplies arose, I got all excited and decided to give it a go. Little did I know that it would be such an ordeal. Do you have any idea how many beads and bead accessories there are? Good lord. I bet I stood in that aisle for 5 minutes just looking at it all while thinking to myself that beads are just not my thing. Some people think in words, some people think in pictures... I am kind of a 50/50 split. I can go into a yarn store or pick up a skein and think that this would make a fabulous ____. My husband on the other hand, is a number guy who very rarely thinks in pictures unless it is involving a baseball. I admit that I am envious of the people like my aunt who will pick out a few beads and string together a fun bracelet or necklace... I am just not seeing the beads in combination in my head. Anyway, so I'm still in the bead aisle and am starting to become really irritated with myself for my apparant lack of vision so I decide to start simple. I mean come on, they're stitch markers, they're nothing too fancy. After much mental debate, I ended up picking up some wooden beads just because I liked them, a few random ones, some glass, a few clay... got some head pins and some jump rings... away we go. I also grabbed a few that, if I somehow end up being okay at the whole creation process, I could maybe sell -- if not, I should have quite a collection considering that I also got some beads from my aunt that they weren't using.

In other news, I am hoping to finish the MSU hat tonight - or, if I am realistic about it, tomorrow. Then all of my effort will be put into finishing the purple sock and the merino scarf so I can start work the Noro scarf and work on the other green sock.

Congrats are in order for the sister-in-law on her new purchase: a new house way out in Portland. Sorry, K - had to italicize that for your mother. Oh, and by the way, I lied. The package went out today (post office was closed for the first attempt at mailing) so you should get it by end of week. I think. And.... the soon-to-be SIL picked out a wedding dress which I will post a picture of at a later date (must speak with her to see if it would be okay or if it is a surprise....)

One more thing:
Mystery solved. I know you have all been checking my blog every day in the hopes that this flower would be identified. Today is your lucky day -- drumroll... it is a passion flower. Hopefully you will all sleep better tonight now that you know. :)

Is any post complete without the minions?

Another shot of little miss during the gab session with the hubby.

For some reason little man thinks he had to be right in front of the camera hence the awkward-angle photo with too much flash. enjoy :)

No comments: