Friday, October 17, 2014

October with a bit of September Thrown In

For as busy as we have been lately, I am sitting here trying to come up with what we have actually been up to....

The boys have been keeping up with their baseball and little miss and I have been staying steady with our soccer practices and games.

There has been knitting and dyeing and weaving going on.  A few patterns have been added to my Ravelry pattern page and I have more in the works (that have sat languishing for quite some time now...).  The weather was starting to get cooler and I wanted to use some of the Au Naturel yarn and some of the Outlander skeins so I paired them with my armwarmer obsession.

This is the Sassenach Armwarmer Pattern using some of the dark brown Au Naturel in worsted weight.

DSC_0600 (2)

Then I used a skein of Superwash Merino Aran in the Misty Hills colorway (Outlander Series) to create the Elder Mitts.

DSC_0619 (3)

After that, I decided to knit up another pair of Sassenach Armwarmers using my Superwash Merino Worsted in the Standing Stones colorway from the Outlander Series.

DSC_0056 (2)

These past few weeks have been absolutely insane (I started working FT hours at the school while our Office Manager is out on leave so I am basically Nurse and Office Manager all day M-F) so the productivity has been rather slow but in odd moments I managed to finally finish a pair of socks that I started last Spring. They weren't for anyone in particular when I started so they were going to end up in my sock drawer but as it turns out, one of my cousins has the same size feet as I do and she could definitely use a pair of handknit socks while she recovers from a recent accident so they are hers now :) Balance sock yarn, Gryffin Colorway from the Fantastical Creatures Part 1 Club.

DSC_0558 (2)

In the beginning of October, little miss and I headed to the Farm Crawl.  Normally we go as a family but the boys had an all-day baseball camp to go to so the ladies ventured out on our own :)  We got there early but it was crazy with so many people (it was a really nice day out so there were more people out and about than in previous years).  We hit the pumpkin patch first and that was the only place I took any pictures - just too many people in the other places.

DSC_0010 (2) DSC_0011 (2) DSC_0024 (2) DSC_0027 (2) 

It was a nice little outing; we grabbed apples, apple butter, root beer, cinnamon rolls, and lots of pumpkins in varying sizes.

Last weekend, the hubby invited some boys that he coaches year-round down to the in-law's lake house. The weather cooperated for the most part and the kids got some fishing in, played ball, went for walks, wrestled around, climbed trees... There was a fire with smores and sky lanterns... We met many new insect/caterpillar friends (which were all let go), and enjoyed the changing seasons.

 DSC_0039 (2) DSC_0042 (2) DSC_0054 (2) DSC_0046 (2) DSC_0064 (2) DSC_0092 (2) DSC_0134 (2) DSC_0132 (2) DSC_0160 (2) DSC_0175 (2) DSC_0183 (2) DSC_0217 (2) DSC_0242 (2) DSC_0313 (2) DSC_0157 (3) DSC_0298 (2)

 I can't quite explain this one.

 DSC_0320 (2)

There was a really nice sunset.


DSC_0332 (3) DSC_0374 (2) DSC_0477 (2) DSC_0355 (2) DSC_0498 (2)

Sunday was cooler and a bit misty but we went outside anyway. 

DSC_0545 (2) DSC_0604 (2) DSC_0608 (2) DSC_0588 (2)

Believe it or not, there are actually more pictures on my Flickr page... It has been more than a month since my last post... I will be posting again shortly though because I will have more colorways to show - Fantastical Creatures Part 2 :D No idea what this weekend will hold other than a soccer game and a ball practice but hopefully, I will be able to get some things caught up at home! Wish me luck :)

No comments: