Monday, September 24, 2012

Equinox

Autumn is here!!!!!  The wind was brisk, the sun was bright, and the needles were clicking away over this past Equinox weekend. 

It's been a busy time here lately for the Dreams in Fiber Household and I got a not-so-subtle reminder (by way of Bronchitis) that I had gotten too wrapped up in my To Do List again and that I needed to take a step back and slow things down a bit.  So we headed to the lake for a bit of elbow room and fresh air.  I can't just stay idle though so I did bring along some knitting and whipped out a new FO, finished a WiP, finished a sock (pattern will be released in November so stay tuned for that), took pics of a recent FO, and added a square to my scrappy crochet blanket that I have been working on for quite a while now.  I love it when I make progress :D  Unfortunately, the new FO and the WiP are Holiday projects and must remain hidden from view for the time being, I can't show the pics of the other FO because the colorway will be a part of the Willy Wonka Club that will ship out first of November, and I haven't gotten around to taking a picture of my blanket progress so I really have nothing to show for my weekend aside from some random pics of the weekend.

Little miss has stepped up her game and was catching grasshoppers right alongside little man!

Equinox 191

One of little man's catches.

Equinox 182

Little miss even caught some of these little guys.

Equinox 211

Little man spent a lot of time in the garage working on a secret Holiday project.  He has really put a lot of time and effort into this mystery project of his and it is a lot of fun to watch him come into the house covered in sawdust and/or paint with a huge smile on his face.

In honor of the Equinox, a fire was lit on Saturday evening and a lantern was released.  The weather was chilly so wool was worn (woo hoo!) and a few smores may have been eaten.  I love the way fire dances.

Equinox 088
Equinox 074
Equinox 095
Equinox 144
Equinox 155
Equinox 150
Equinox 157

The next couple of months are going to be packed full I think.  I will be dyeing up my Willy Wonka Club Shipment, I am working on 3 patterns for my upcoming Snow White Club (details can be found here in my Ravelry Group), I will be a vendor in the upcoming Sticks & String 2013 Event so I need to get an inventory amassed for that, and I have another handful of patterns in varying states of progress.  The Holidays are fast approaching so I am trying to get more of those projects done in an attempt to avoid a mad dash there at the end of December, and it's Autumn which means there is always something fun to do outside :)  Not to mention the sock knitting - I went through the minions' clothes/handknit socks last week and found that each one is down to 2 pairs of handknit socks that fit - their school socks and one warmer pair for Winter each.  Looks like my single socks will have to wait a little longer for their mates while I knit the minions another pair a piece.  So yeah, lots going on but I will do my best to be present and enjoy the moments as they happen as well - hopefully you will do the same! 

1 comment:

Rani said...

Funky fire pics! I could use your kids in my garden. We have nearly a plague of grasshoppers this year, and when we went to catch some for a science project - it was like trying to catch a greased pig! What's the secret.