Thursday, July 19, 2012

Summer Staples

Tomorrow is the last day of swim lessons - man these two weeks have flown by!  The minions are having the time of their lives ;)

swim lessons 006
swim lessons 021
swim lessons 014

Actually, they are enjoying swim lessons and have improved more this session than any of their previous sessions which makes me very happy!  It just so happened that they look miserable in almost all of the photos I took today.  It happens.  Oh, there's a smile!

swim lessons 001_crop
swim lessons 023

You can't call it Summer without catching at least 1 toad.  Z, be ready because little man is all geared up to show you his technique!  He's assuming his older cousin, M, has caught some on his own and can share stories.

toad! 003

Little man introduced me to his new friend.  We're on a first name basis now!  

toad! 021

As always, we find a nice spot to let them go.

toad! 028

That's about it for today.  I have been knitting, honest, but when I work on a few bigger projects at the same time I just never feel like I'm getting anywhere despite adding inches.  I am to the first stranded portion on the back of the Dude sweater, I am almost to the third ball of yarn in the first of 2 blankets, I'm almost halfway done with a scarf I am dubbing "Drunk in Loompaland", and I'm fighting with myself as to whether or not I add another repeat or two on a sock before starting a toe...  Hopefully I will have some photos soon.  Other than that, we've been trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible.  What a dreadful Summer it's been temperature-wise!

Oh!  In case you haven't been to my Group on Ravelry, I am putting on an unofficial Fundraiser/Giveaway for the Click for Babies Campaign.  The hospital that I work for is a collection site for the purple hats so anyone who wants to knit or crochet a purple hat can send me their hat(s) and enter themselves into the drawing for some prizes!  One hat equals one entry so the more you make the better your odds are of taking home a prize.  There will be yarn and stitch markers and a 30-minute massage (for those living in the Des Moines Metro Area), and a FO knit by yours truly along with some other goodies so stay tuned for those.  The contest will be open until midnight on October 1, 2012 so there is still plenty of time to enter.  There are more details in the group threads but if you are not on Ravelry and want to contribute some wee hats for the cause, please leave me a comment or email me and I will get you all set up :)  Happy Knitting!

No comments: