Saturday, July 21, 2012

Instant Gratification

This morning, a few of my Thursday Night Knitting Ladies had an impromptu knitting session at a nearby park.  We got to knit and chat while the minions fed lots of ducks and played around on some playground equipment.  (Didn't have my camera with me).

Afterward, we drove to to a local yarn store and little miss chose a skein of yarn for her back-to-school socks, little man picked out some yarn for the sheep he wants me to make for him, and I grabbed a skein of this Misti Alpaca Chunky.

fast project 007

It's been a good long while since I purchased any yarn that wasn't specifically needed for a project that I didn't already have in my stash.  Believe it or not, I've burned through a good portion of my stash in the past year or two :)  Anyhoo, this yarn said "cowl" to me so I guessed on my gauge and CO 75 instead of 100 and probably should have CO 60 sts instead, but this is how it turned out.

 fast project 010

It is nice and squishy and warm and not mine.  I'm not sure who the final recipient will be.  The yarn told me what it wanted to be, I guess I'll have to be patient and it will let me know who it's going to in time.  The pattern I used, for any interested parties, is Soggy Waffles.

Gotta love those projects that are started and finished in a matter of hours.  Now it's back to my larger projects...

3 comments:

Bea said...

Love this!

DKnits said...

Love your cowl! It looks so warm and soft!

Rani said...

Ooooh. I love those warm colors. And you can't go wrong with Misti Alpaca. I wonder how the colors will stay. I have a yummy orange scarf and the colors faded pretty quickly. Bummed me out.