Tuesday, February 09, 2010

February Already?

As slow as January normally goes for me, I swear I lost a few weeks in there somewhere. My January was spent in part getting ready for this year's Knit In - which was so much fun! I was able to do the vendor thing for the first time and I was pleasantly surprised by how things turned out :) I ended up selling over half of what I brought and the rest was listed on Etsy. I would have to say that this year's Knit In was a little more fun for me than last year's but I think that was due to the fact that I had just started attending the Thursday Night Knitting Group and this year we all knew each other a little better... I haven't taken a photo of the loot, but I loved it. We got a nifty little messenger-style bag (which is perfect for carting around a few projects), a new book, and some chocolates, stitch markers, mugs, and other assorted goodies.

I've been knitting/crocheting but I don't have many pictures to show yet. Remember that skein of handspun that I mentioned looked like Christmas Barf? This is how Christmas Barf (I know, I know, I was supposed to rename it the Patchwork Skein...) looks knit up :) Not barfy at all!


I also finished up a pair of fingerless mitts to replace my SIL K's old ones. Since I was writing up the pattern for myself, I thought I would write it up for anyone that wants it.

Right now the pattern can be found on Ravelry. I am in the process of converting all my patterns to PDF format for easier uploading, so stay tuned for those. They are all in PDF form on Ravelry, I just have to switch it over on the blog's sidebar.

The minions and I (and now the hubby) have all been battling a new virus. Fortunately it is just of the sniffle variety. The minions threw in a movie and got all cozied up while I was finishing up dinner the other night. This is how the hubby and I found them, aren't they cute?


Little man was the first to succumb to the Cold bug and is now feeling much better. This worked out well for him because yesterday was his All About Me Day at school. Basically it's a glorified show-and-tell, but he was extremely excited to share his favorite things. I even had to take his picture to commemorate the occasion.

Speaking of minions, well not really a minion in this instance, but definitely the latest arrival to the Dreams in Fiber household... The hubby and I have adopted a NO PRESENT policy when it comes to Holidays. This is what not doing anything for Valentine's Day looks like for my hubby. How beautiful is this??????


There is no way I could possibly top this as far as presents go, and the hubby knows this, (and I'm pretty sure revels in that little fact), but I'm not complaining one bit :D

I will complain about the weather though. So sick of looking down and seeing this:


Bring on the rain, the house shaking thunderstorms, the flowers. A little warm weather wouldn't hurt either!!!!! At the rate we're going, there will still be snow on the ground when NEXT WINTER gets here >:/


That's all I have for you at the moment. I've been working on some patterns and some little projects (you can check out the Flickr page if you're really curious about the little projects)... I'm going to try to whip out a few little somethings for the minions for their Valentine's Day presents, but we'll see how far I'll get. This low-energy thing coupled with shoveling and more shoveling definitely takes time away from the fiber.

3 comments:

Mason & Karen said...

And let me just tell you how absolultely fabulous those fingerless gloves are! I wear them EVERY day. Mason even told me that they're part of who I am :)
-SIL K

kshotz said...

I'm downloading the fingerless mitts pattern as soon as I leave here....they are gorgeous!

Also, I'm trying really hard not to covet your camera, and failing miserably! Congrats! (what a terrific sweetie you have!)

Kim

Rani said...

You must be close by - look at that snow! I agree that it's going to be well into spring before we see the last patches melt away!

Love the hand spun mittens. They turned out so fine - and they'll go with just about anything.

ps. on All About Me day, my kid brought his scooter and unbeknown to me, pulled out his batman cape and strapped it on. I almost wet my pants laughing. He was dead serious.