Monday, February 23, 2009

Keeping Up

This will be a quick little post. Little miss was a bit under the weather yesterday and seems to be improving a bit today, but still not 100%. I wanted to get a few photos up while they were watching a movie on TV since I've been talking about posting again for a week or more now!

The Knit In a few weeks ago was fabulous! Those individuals involved with the set up did a phenomenal job and I was able to meet so many lovely and talented ladies. Of course, being surrounded by fiber isn't a bad way to spend a weekend :) I did get a bit of knitting done while I was there, I finished the first sock of the pair in one of my own hand dyes...
I whipped out a little cowl with some stash yarn... (this is the first time I made something without an intended recipient in a long time. It feels rather weird really!)
And I started in on the Devil's Snare sock from the previous post. The other knitting I have been completing is still rather hush hush, though I can show a picture of another sock that I dyed up in honor of the upcoming St. Patrick's Day.
About a week ago now, Iowa was blessed with another snowfall. The minions, Grandpa H, and I all went out for a little shoveling and a little fun. Little man wields a mean shovel!
Little miss wanted to help too :)

There were snow angels and snowballs... wee snowmen and catching snow flakes on their tongues.







After a bit, we all went inside for some hot chocolate and a little rest. Alrighty then, off to check on my littlest minion!

4 comments:

magnusmog said...

Beautiful snow fun photos. Hope littlest feels better soon :)

Bea said...

At least the snow looks fun if you are actually tired of it. All of your knitting looks great and I hope the littlest minion is feeling better very soon.

Wall-to-wall books said...

Hi! I have been checking out your blog for a while now. I am an avid knitter!
What beautiful children you have!
I live in upstate NY, there is just a trace of snow here but... We have a cabin in the Adirondacks and there is tons of snow there! check out my blog for lots of pictures.

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm...mowing snow? How does that work? LOL VERY cute pictures. I love Grandpa making a snow angel.

The St. Pat's socks are very cool!

Hope littlest minion is feeling better soon.