Monday, November 05, 2007

A Chill in the Air

I can't believe October has come and gone already! I have continued to work on holiday projects and I can show you one since I gifted it early. This is the Baby Yoda Sweater knit with Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in the Camouflage colorway. It goes with the rest of the camo that I gave my SIL at her shower. I figured it couldn't hurt to give it to her early so she could have a complete set just in case...

I did gift a birthday present to my MIL last week, a pair of clogs that have yet to be felted to size. Naturally I don't have a photo of those yet, but I will hopefully snap a before and after felting picture soon. You'll have to wait to view other handknit goodies.

However, I can show you a completed picture of my Samhain shawl.
This is one of Jo's lovely creations in the Samhain colorway. I actually finished it last November but thought I would wait until this year to post a completed project picture. Unfortunately this is the best one I could get of it so far. It's a simple garter stitch shawl on US11's and used up 2 skeins.

October ended up being a pretty busy month for the minions and me. We did some pumpkin carving,sewed up some Halloween costumes,
(at least little man liked it)
went trick-or-treating... I am happy to report that little miss did indeed leave her Little Red Riding Hood cape on for the duration of the evening. Little man kept moving so much that I couldn't get a decent shot of him in his Curious George suit. The tail was a big hit though and I'm guessing that he wouldn't mind putting it on again for a photo in the near future.
We also enjoyed the nice weather whenever possible.
My FIL raked up a leaf pile for the minions during one of his Friday afternoon babysitting sessions. Little miss was still pretty ify about it.
Ify that is, until her big brother started showering her with leaves.

Then we were okay with it :)
As far as little man was concerned, it was another fun-filled afternoon with a new leaf pile.
This last weekend the family and I headed to my in-law's lake house to help out with some landscaping work around the new fire pit. The hubby got the fun job while I got to chase the minions around.
I did manage to snap a few pictures during our journey around the yard though.
There was a definite chill in the air though, and as we all know, nothing takes the chill away faster than smores.

No comments: