Monday, October 08, 2007

Camo in Autumn

I was folding up the camo set last Friday and it occurred to me that I had not taken any pictures of the completed pieces yet. So, on Saturday morning the family and I headed down to my in-law's lake house to let the minions enjoy a little outdoor time and so I could snap a few photos. I thought it would be rather fun to see how well the camo blended in with the surroundings.

The pant pattern can be found here. The hat is a basic 2x2 rib and the socks are a basic St st pattern, although, this is my first short row heel and I must say I really enjoyed the short rows -- much quicker than the flap/heel turn/gusset that I am used to. That said, I really need to investigate non-YO heels because the little holes drive me nuts!!!

The setting also provided an opportunity to get up close and personal with some of the locals.











The minions had fun playing on the slide.




And little man was even patient enough to let us clean the slide off first before he went down.

Little man was pretty keen on having his favorite doggie with him at all times there for a while.

I will leave you with a few scenes of a Midwest Autumn.



No comments: