Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Updates of sorts

I must say, Thanksgiving was nice this year. Spent time with the family, celebrated little man's birthday, had some cake and pie, got a bit of knitting done, AND got an early Christmas present! Hee hee :)
After seeing various swifts online I gave my FIL some photos and asked if he could come up with something similar. After figuring out what the "yarn thingy" would be used for and seeing how much time it would save me, I got it early. I must say, it works like a dream! (and knocked off about a good chunk of winding time, can't beat that!)
Please pay no attention to little man's "wheels" in the upper portion of the photo :) I even used the new swift to wind my second ball of Malabrigo for little miss' hoodie.
I know I know, not finished yet but all I have left is to finish up the hood portion (this picture was taken yesterday morning), sew it up, weave in a few ends, block.... and little miss will be turning some heads! The best part is that I am pretty sure it will fit. Which is nice. Incidentally, the arms really aren't as thin as toothpicks - however, I am thinking that some serious blocking will have to occur before those things flatten out to where I can sew them up!

I also finished up the mitten portion of the holiday koigu hat/mitten present earlier last week but even though I know the future owner knows about the set, I will wait to post the particulars until after it is received. Now all I need to do is finish up a few scarves, the hoodie (of course!), the green sock, the second violet sock... I'm thinking there was a few other projects that I needed to work on too but I am not thinking of it at the moment. I will leave you with a little minion fix though
Obviously up to no good - as usual. I would also like to thank everyone for their kind words regarding little miss' accomplishments and little man's birthday, I am not ignoring you, I just haven't gotten to my e-mails in a few days. Happy knitting!

3 comments:

aija said...

Oh wow, I didn't know you were knitting that sweater in Malabrigo! What a great idea!! (And color!)

Wow, I am now thinking about the 2 blackish/purplish hanks in my stash, wonder if I could beg them into a Daisy sweater for my kid (sans hood...) They'd be so soft, and he actually might want to wear it! Can't wait to see yours done :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful swift, and how wonderful of your FIL to give it already!
I love the colour of the hoodie, beautiful!

Lori said...

Cool swift - it's an unusual design, I like it!
And a very talented mister you have around!