Friday, May 14, 2010

Flashing some FO's

It's about time, isn't it? This will just be a little quickie of a post to show some of what I have been working on lately. In no particular order,

This is my Jonathan Cowl. Historically, I have never been one for wearing things around my neck - turtlenecks are a cruel form of torture. That said, it was ridiculously cold outside during little man's last Tee Ball game and I wore Jonathan to help keep out the chill (along with my Winter coat, handspun mittens, Irish hat...). This is a very soft, very drapey yet warm cowl and I ended up wearing it for the majority of the day, even when I was inside! Who would've thought?


Mina Socks - this is another pattern I worked up for Fresh From the Cauldron's VSC 2 club. It will be available sometime next year, March I think.


Next up, we have my Van Helsing Bag (the 3rd of 4 patterns for the VSC 2 Club - the 4th is on the needles now). This is the large size but the pattern has instructions for S, M, L sizes.


Remember those tube socks from the 80's? My Dad always used to wear them and I thought it would be fun to make him a retro pair of knee high tube socks without the tube.


These took a while. And, I know they're not exactly like the Hanes socks, but I had to put in an actual heel/gusset. Had to. Tube socks are just weird, aren't they?

There has been a bit more knitting, spinning, and crocheting than that, but that's what I have for you today. Enjoy your weekend!

No comments: