Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Last Weekend

As most of you (I'm assuming) already know, last weekend was Easter weekend.

The minions woke up Sunday morning and found that the Easter Bunny had left them a bag of goodies. There weren't actual baskets at our house. Instead, there were rather large bags that the minions can fill with all sorts of things throughout the year...

Then we headed over to my Parents' house where the minions were able to hang out with the family and collect some eggs.

After a little while, my Nephew T arrived and the kids (and the adults) had a good time playing outside in the nice weather.



Now those are some brows!


Every year I try to do a mini garden starting with seeds. I check the temperature, the water, the soil... And, every year the newly hatched plants do well up to a point and then keel over which gives me an excuse to head out to one of the local greenhouses. I guess my thumb is more of the fiber-y variety than of the green sort. Both minions were extremely excited to get going with the seeds this year so I agreed, secretly hoping that the seeds would just take off and grow and grow and grow this time. Taking my track record into consideration when it comes to this sort of thing, I also decided that this year I'm not worrying about anything -- just throw in some soil, throw in some seeds, water things occasionally, and if they're hardy enough to sprout up regardless of the conditions, they just might have a sporting chance.


This photo is just proof that there is some green going on in the Dreams in Fiber household right now. Whether or not it continues to be green... We'll just have to wait and see. Just in case though, (hubby this means you) a gift certificate to a greenhouse for Mother's Day might not be a bad idea. :)

3 comments:

Rani said...

I can't tell you how many times I've started seed - bought heat pads, domes, lights blah blah blah. They always get "leggy" and flop over OR if I'm lucky and they make it to transplant, they are weak and die anyway. I do the EXACT same thing and end up going to the damn nursery to buy plants. erg.

This year, I'm planting directly in the garden. We'll see. We'll see.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mason & Karen said...

Way to start from seeds! We just bought starts yesterday...but there's still no guarantee they'll be alive long enough to enjoy their fruits :)