Monday, April 05, 2010

Fiber-y Pursuits

It's been a long time coming now, but here's a post entirely dedicated to wool and what I've done with it lately :) Actually, it's probably going to be a rather small post because I was hoping to have finished some of the WiP's I'm working my way through, but that hasn't happened yet. That's the trouble with working on more than one (or two or three) projects at a time - each is completed slowly but surely so I feel like I am making absolutely no progress at all. But... just think of the day I'll have if I can manage to finish them all up at the same time! Here are some of the projects I've actually finished.

Continuing on with the stranded knitting kick, I present to you the Dead Walleye Hat. My FIL saw the Dead Fish hat I made for little man and thought that he needed one to take on his yearly trek up to Canada with his fishing buddies.


And, I was wielding the trusty crochet hook back in early March and whipped up this messenger bag - which was originally going to be used for the Portland trip, but I didn't have time to line it like I wanted to, so it stayed home. It's just the right size though, which makes me happy!


And of course, the minions needed a few new gnomes. Little man's is on the left and little miss' is on the right. I am also happy to report that the original gnome for little miss made it home with us from Portland after all so they each have 2 :)



Little miss is modeling the latest Cousteau hat.


The weather has started to warm up a bit here so there's been more outdoor time and less knitting time (which doesn't help the FO production at all!). Couple that with the HUGE spinning kick I've been on lately


and it pretty much explains the lack of knitting photos.

I have been toying around with the idea of starting to sell some of my handspun yarn on my Etsy site (along with a few other odds and ends) and I have been working on some new Club/Kits ideas pulling inspiration from Susan B. Cooper's The Dark is Rising Series which I am rather excited about. Stay tuned for more details on that.

I should have an all-about-the-minions post soon; I have to upload a few pictures from the camera first. But, right now I'm going to get some spinning in before the minions wake up!

2 comments:

Rani said...

Look at that gorgeous yarn! You have been busy!!

I have had that fish pattern in my queue for some time. Maybe I should consider making one for fishing opener. It might be 80 degrees. It might be 40 - who knows...

Love the pics of your kids. They are darling.

magnusmog said...

So much work - and the fish hat is brilliant!