Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Fresh Starts

Remember these?These are the Seaside Footies that I made my Grandma D last year. Early this past December she told me that she had noticed a little hole near the toe of one of her socks and asked if I could repair it for her after the Holidays. Yesterday, while I was over at her house, she produced said sock.Evidently her definition of "little" and my definition of "little" do not correlate. That said, I then looked at the sock as a challenge. I've never ripped anything back that I've kept. I hate ripping things out. Hate it. I saw no other option here. I threw in a safety line cut off the top and ripped that last few remaining rows on down. Here's a look at the Frog Pond. What do you know, it really does work! I may end up ripping more things out in the future now that I know this works so well. Maybe. At any rate, we're back in business. Oh, and Grandma D likes the scarf that I've been working on lately. It's the Yarn Harlot's One Row Handspun Scarf, only mine isn't handspun, it's Fearless Fibers Alpaca/Wool in the Bountiful Colorway. I've only finished around 10 or 11 inches on here, but I've also been dabbling on a Harley-Davidson-inspired ribbed beanie for my next door neighbor B who was kind enough to snowblow our driveway last week while the hubby was at work. And... I've pulled out 2 skeins of Fearless Fibers Superwash wool in the Emerald Colorway that I have been holding on to for 2 years now with the intent of knitting myself something for St. Patrick's Day but just haven't gotten around to it. This is the year! I can't decide if I want to do socks or fingerless gloves... or a scarf of sorts with an Ireland-inspired motif on the bottoms... Decisions, decisions. I haven't been able to get a photograph of the yarn that shows the subtly of the color, but I will. Whenever the sun decides to show itself again. I'll keep you posted :)

In other news... little man had his follow-up appointment with the Ophthalmologist yesterday and we are now going to be patching his left eye (i.e. his "good" or "non-operated-on" eye) for a few hours each day until we see him again in 3 months. We are thrilled! Honest! That's little miss there on the left lending a sympathetic hand. Actually, after he warmed up to it there was a bit of novelty to the patches. They are really quite fun. They stick on walls and windows... who knew? Yes those are broken blinds... The minions figured out that if they stand on the toy box which is directly below the window that they get a better vantage point for viewing outside. The blinds just sort of got in the way... And please pay no attention to the wallpaper on the photo above. The hubby and I never got around to redecorating when we moved in because we couldn't decide what to do in the area and then the minions arrived. We figured, "Why bother changing it now since the minions are so good at leaving their mark all over the house, we might as well wait a while." So there you have it!

Little man is doing better with the patches today and actually left it on for a whole 2 hrs this morning after a little prodding on my part. See he's smiling! Yeah, it didn't last long :)

I was getting a little tired of looking for things to photograph in my own house so when I picked up little miss from Grandma D's house yesterday I thought I would catalog some of the plates that her Sister Ida painted and another plate that displays a Woolstock, IA landmark. That church is right across the street from the other Grandma D's ( my Grandma D's twin sister) farm. When I was little I could spot the church from a good distance down the road and knew that we were 'almost there'! Here's the detail on the back of that plate. I really need to photograph them again in better light. Where is that sun?????

Little miss was getting a little envious of little man's camera time yesterday... and was actually angling the camera for me so I could get a picture of her.
I have found, in my limited time as a parent, that there are so many moments where I have absolutely no grasp on why my minions do what they do. Pouring AppleJacks into one's shoe and then trying to stand in it... this is one of those mysterious moments.

Here's a few random photos for Project 366. Enjoy.

No comments: