Tuesday, September 19, 2006

A Child's Mind

A child's mind is a wondrous thing. After the Early Childhood Development ladies left my house this morning little man was feeling rather creative as you can see. Who says you have to keep it on the paper? I grab the nearest thing I had, which happened to be a baby wipe, and proceeded to clean him up while explaining that "we have to wipe off the lines that you drew on yourself". He looks at me for a moment, reaches over for a baby wipe of his own, leans forward to lift up my shirt and proceeds to try to "wipe off" my stretchmarks. For those of you who are non-familial, my abdomen resembles the grooves in the highway that signal a stop ahead (the proper name escapes me at the moment) -courtesy of little miss. He has done this before when I was pregnant but hasn't attempted it again until today. Kids are so cute! Now if I can keep it off my walls....

Now then, onto the Early Childhood Development ladies. Two of them came over to play with little man this morning and found out that, other than his delayed speech, he is excelling and even performing some higher-level skills. My response to their discovery: Well DUH! That's what I told you. Honestly... Then the Speech Pathologist worked with him and concluded that his level of speech correlates with about a 12mo old's. Again, no surprise. So, the plan as of this morning is that they will come by bimonthly for a while and see how it goes. I'll keep you posted. However, he is now saying: "doggie", "baybee" (more often), "nigh nigh", and "moon". Small steps.

Now for some knitting :) Here is a picture of the luscious yarn from Deb at Fearless Fibers in the Alaska colorway. This will be a sweater for little man (Relax, I do have more than one skein). This will be my first sweater - so any input on an easy pattern would be appreciated :) "How is this her first sweater?" you may be asking yourself. Well I will tell you! Usually, when it comes to new knitting patterns/techniques, I try it out on myself first so I can work out the kinks. With the arrival of the minions I haven't exactly enjoyed a stable weight - hence no sweaters. It will be an adventure! I think he likes it!

Want to see something else? Something fabulous?

Wait for it.....

CASHMERE! This little diddy has been in my stash for a while now - I've been waiting for the opportune moment for a little self-indulgence. See Anne... (did you see what I just did there? Ha ha! Way too excited over a link!) I too have cashmere, just not as much :) I think that this little gem and I will become better acquainted after the Christmas projects are completed. Could I possibly be so frivolous as to make myself some cashmere socks? Hmmm. I guess you'll just have to wait and see! This is also from Deb who has other yummy yummy cashmere that I have been coveting on her ETSY site: http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=32548. Anne knows all about my cashmere woes. The knife just plunges deeper and deeper every time I go and check to see if it is still there. So by all means, go and gobble it up so my misery can end.

To end my post, a little more eye candy:

It just doesn't get any rounder than this does it?

1 comment:

Dominick said...

We should never hire any wrong person for taking the proper care of our child. Like if we want to hire any nannies or babysitter then they can just take the proper care of our child nothing but else. But if you can visit childcare center west omaha as well you can get the best education.